Steve Odland appeared on CNBC’s Squawk Alley on 12/26/17 to discuss holiday retail sales.
- 2017 Holiday retail sales this year projected +4.9%, to highest level in history
- Bricks and mortar retailers expected +2%
- Online projected to be up +18%, now about 10% of total sales
- Mobile drives 23% of ecommerce, 44% of site visits
- 60% of consumers plan to buy online
- Amazon collecting 60-70% online sales increases, 44% share of online retail, projected to exceed 50% in coming years
- WMT online sales +60%, but only to 3% of total; AMZN 10x WMT online